This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of CineAd. For the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning assigned to them in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA”).
- Description of your personal data
Your personal data processed by CineAd includes:-
- your personal details (such as name, gender, identification support documents (including NRIC or passport number), date of birth, nationality, country, marital status, occupation, credit card details) and contact details (such as mailing address, e-mail address, and phone numbers);
- movie ticket transaction details from e-Payment (CineAd website/GSC Mobile App/other platforms) and box-office counter at all CineAd cinemas;
- your feedback information gathered from multiple sources such as e-mail, phone, write-in (mail or official feedback form);
- your visit(s) to CineAd’s website/GSC Mobile App – name of internet service provider, the website from which you visit CineAd website/GSC Mobile App, the pages and content which you view, the date and duration of your visit, cookies to track usage patterns, etc from the analytics tools such as Google Analytics and others;
- your personal interests and preferences to help CineAd design the offering of its services;
- recording of your image via CCTV cameras when you visit CineAd cinemas;
- Information given voluntarily by you during any on-ground promotions or digital activities, tie-ups, contests, etc; and
- your curriculum vitae or resume when you register your interest in having a career in CineAd and/or its relevant subsidiary/subsidiaries.
- Purposes for the processing of your personal data
- To verify your identity;
- To communicate with you and deliver information that is requested by you to you and/or, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of CineAd’s website/GSC Mobile App;
- To process any communication you send to CineAd (for example, answering any queries, dealing with any complaints and/or feedbacks);
- To notify and/or invite you to events or activities organized by CineAd, its subsidiaries, partners or sponsors;
- To notify you about benefits, changes to the features, promotions, alerts, newsletter, updates, promotional materials and special privileges;
- To send you festive greetings and movie-related content;
- To run CineAd’s customer loyalty programmes where applicable;
- To establish and better manage any business relationship CineAd may have with you;
- To help CineAd monitor and improve its services to you, the service of CineAd cinemas, CineAd’s overall service, CineAd’s staff training, CineAd’s quality assurance, CineAd’s customer service teams, CineAd’s website & GSC Mobile App and other CineAd related assets;
- To conduct marketing activities (for example, market research and surveys);
- To maintain records required for auditing, security, claims and/or other legal purposes;
- To investigate and resolve any ticketing issues, queries, complaints or other enquiries that you may submit toCineAd regarding CineAd’s products and services through CineAd’s customer service team or cinema staff;
- To investigate, respond to, and/or defend claims made against, or involving CineAd and/or its relevant subsidiaries;
- For compliance with and/or any purposes required by any relevant law, directives, guidelines, orders, rules, regulations and requirements of any governmental or statutory authority or administrative or regulatory or supervisory body (including disclosure thereunder); and
- Any other purposes relating or incidental to any of the above.
- Source of your personal data
Your personal data is collected directly from you when you:-
- interact and communicate with CineAd and/or its related subsidiaries at any of its events or activities;
- communicate with CineAd (for example when you purchase movie tickets via GSC channels, or when you contact CineAd for any enquiries including by getting in touch with CineAd’s customer service through any available CineAd channels);
CineAd (for example, newsletters or register as a CineAd Website Member);
- participate in any of CineAd’s surveys, polls or other similar vehicles used to improve the content of CineAd’s website/GSC Mobile App, or used for CineAd’s marketing purposes;
- enter or participate in any competitions, contests or loyalty programmes organized by CineAd and/or its subsidiaries;
- register your interest and/or request for information through CineAd online portals or other available channels;
- respond to any marketing materials that CineAd sends out;
- visit any of CineAd cinemas;
- visit or browse CineAd’s website, GSC apps and any other CineAd owned platforms;
- lodge a complaint with CineAd; and
- provide feedback to CineAd (for example via CineAd’s website or in hard copy).
Other than the personal data obtained from you directly as stated above, CineAd may also obtain your personal data from third parties which CineAd deals with or are connected with you, and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of your personal data and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
- Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:-
- to make a data request in writing to CineAd for information of your personal data that is being processed by or on behalf of CineAd (Section 30(2) of PDPA);
- to correct any of your personal data which is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date at any time on CineAd’s website by clicking on Profile Updates button after logging into CineAd’s website; and
- to limit the processing of your personal data including the personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from your personal data (Section 7(1)(f) of PDPA).
- to unsubscribe to our marketing materials and/or correspondence by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the emails and/or newsletters CineAd sends to you and following the instructions therein
- to request for your personal data to be removed from CineAd’s database by writing in to us via email – email@example.com
If you have any request in relation to the abovementioned rights under 7(a) or 7(c) above or any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, please write to our Customer Service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CineAd may refuse to comply with your data access request under the circumstances specified in the PDPA and if CineAd does so, CineAd will inform you of its refusal and the reason(s) for its refusal.
- Class of third parties to Whom CineAd may disclose your personal data
This is the class of persons to whom CineAd may disclose your personal data:-
- Service provider(s) for:-
- the management of communications on CineAd’s behalf;
- the arrangement and conduct of CineAd events, activities and services;
- Any third party or company that CineAd engages or appoints to conduct statistical analysis;
- Lawyers for the enforcement of CineAd’s legal rights; and
- Such other authorities, bodies or parties when required by law.
- Service provider(s) for:-
- Your obligations
- It is obligatory for you to supply CineAd with your personal data and your failure to do so will result in CineAd being unable to process your personal data for any of the Purposes.
- You will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date.
- Security of your personal data
CineAd, when processing your personal data, takes practical steps to protect your personal data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction including but not limited to the use of procedural and technical safeguards such as encryption, “firewalls” and secure socket layers. If you are aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.However, “perfect security” does not exist on the internet, so CineAd does not give an absolute assurance that your personal data that you provide to CineAd will be secure at all times, and CineAd will not be responsible for any event arising from unauthorised access to or theft of your personal data. CineAd will not be held responsible for events arising from third parties gaining unauthorised access to or third parties’ theft of your personal data.
- Retention of your personal data
- Users under the age of 18
The CineAd website/GSC Mobile App and its related services are not directed at persons under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you are required to obtain your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide your personal data to CineAd and/or its related companies.
- Inconsistency or conflict
In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the English language version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, the English language version shall prevail.
- Others rights
- Links to other websites
Date of last update: 1st January 2016